Aquablast – Jet Edge Waterjet Machines
Aquablast is the long-time UK authorised distributor and service centre for Minnesota-based waterjet machine manufacturer Jet Edge and so we have years of experience both with their range of cutting tables and the accompanying ultra-high pressure (UHP) intensifier pumps which reliably deliver supersonic waterjets with abrasive cutting precision as fine as 0.1mm
Metals and alloys, stone, most types of glass, and composites make abrasive waterjet cold cutting the ultimate machining system. Accuracy and cut finish is so good that in many cases no, or very little, finishing work may be required.
Cold Cutting Advantages
- No heat generated; no heat-affected zone or discolouration;
- No toxic fumes or dust generated;
- Machine virtually any material – steel, alloys, stone, ceramics, plastics, laminates, rubber, composite material ‘sandwiches’ – even fruit, poultry, and meat;
- Same tool set-up used for almost all applications; saves a lot of time;
- Machine a wide range of thicknesses – up to at least 300mm; no warping on very thin material; as thickness increases waterjet machining becomes more and more cost-efficient;
- Machine any 2D shape and, with 5-axis capability, easily cut bevels and countersinks;
- Maintain tight kerf width; allows extremely precise CAD/CAM controlled nesting of parts, saving material wastage especially with high-cost stock like titanium, Inconel® or Hastalloy®;
- Selectable cut edge quality;
- Cheaper than any comparable process; safer and more environmentally friendly.
Most of Aquablast’s bespoke application tooling for contract surface preparation, pumpset assembly, and recycling processes incorporate many components which are prototyped and produced on our Jet Edge precision cutting table, a key piece of equipment for our own machining and manufacturing requirements.
Picture 1: An example of Jet Edge water jet technology in action.
Picture 2: Fluid Intensifiers by Jet Edge can achieve pressures up to 90,000 psi (6200 bar/620 MPa) with extraordinary reliability.
For detailed information go to www.jetedgewaterjets.com